Today is the first course of the wonderful Regressive Dinner Party being hosted by Two Little Cavaliers. Today’s theme is Treats & Desserts. Wanting to provide something for both our dog & cat guests I chose my favorite Tuna Biscuits. They’re really quick & easy to make. The dough is very soft & forgiving & can be rolled & re-rolled as often as necessary. I made small & medium biscuits for Mau Kitteh & Gizmo, but if your dog is larger you can easily make a larger biscuit. One personal touch is that I used the tuna that comes packed in roasted garlic olive oil to add that extra punch of flavor.
Here is our ingredient list:
2 4.5 oz. cans Tuna in Olive Oil
2 Cups Cornmeal
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
½ Tsp. Salt
¾ Cup Water
Olive or Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to350*
- Drain oil from Tuna into a measuring cup & reserve
- In the measuring cup, add enough Olive or Vegetable Oil to make 2/3 Cup
- Combine Cornmeal, Flour & Salt in a large bowl & mix. Add in drained Tuna, Water & Oils & mix thoroughly.
- Roll dough onto lightly floured surface to ¼” to ½” thickness, depending on the size of the dog or cat for who you’re baking. Cut out biscuits with a cookie cutter…fish shaped if you’ve got one.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes for small (1”) or 30-35 minutes for large (3”) biscuits.
- Transfer to a rack to cool. Store in an airtight container & refrigerate.
Of course our post would not be complete without some action shots:
Ready for the taste test:
…and be sure to visit all the other yummy treats being served today at: